Counselling for stress in Exeter, Devon.
Stress Counselling Exeter can help bring healthy awareness of stress problems and solutions. Being aware of an issue is the first step towards resolving it. As a counsellor I work towards helping this in various manners, including:
- Understanding what stress is, and why is exists.
- Developing knowledge and understanding of natural and unnatural stress.
- Identifying and understanding what are the stress triggers for yourself.
- Understanding the possibility of coping methods to reduce unnatural stress and its effects.
- Establishing stratagies where the mind can start to recognise the differences between natural stress alerts and unnatural stress ituations.
- Stepping back on the kerb to avoid a bus, is not the same as being afraid of an upcoming job review or finding a parking space.
A certain level of normal stress is recognized to be healthy. That would be at a low level, appropriate to the current situation, it brings awareness and provides the initial appropriate response to various situations. Increasing walking speed when the pedestrian crossing light turns from green to red might be an example.
Unnatural stress is often the result of modern living on a type of brain which was designed millions of years ago. Modern living may provide stress with an email request "get the report ready for 9:30 tomorrow". The brain may interpret that as a stressing request, which is the same as a "life danger". It is not, but the brain does not differenciate.
Stress counselling helps to reduce the negative feelings and emotions of unnatural stress. Stress affects people in various ways. Learning and understanding where the stress originates brings awareness to the issues. Understanding origins of problems enables clients to work with and develop methods to reduce stress to reasonable and healthy levels.
The best method is probably not to encounter unnatural stress at all. For most people that is unrealistic. Recognising and understanding your stress is a first step of improvement. Why, when, and where does it occur? What are the symptoms? Counselling helps clarify your stress, assisting in methods for you to improve your situation.
Counselling for stress can help you to understand the stress factors in your life. Some may be unavoidable, some may be able to be reduced, some may be able to be changed or eliminated. Counselling can help you to reduce your feelings of stress in your life and to improve your life's enjoyment as a result.
For a prompt appointment, call or text: 07757 233386. I may be with a client, or otherwise occupied, in which case please leave a message with your contact number. I will respond promptly. Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org Or use the contact page to send me an email.